Sunday, April 20, 2008

Organization...

I was so excited to move into our new home (we have been here since October). The two things I was most excited about having were a master bathroom and a garage. We are finally getting to the few small projects that have been on my list since day one. Organizing the garage and building a workbench were on the top of the list. Anyone who knows me well knows that my heart isn't at ease if I feel unorganized. Well people, my heart is finally at ease (at least more at ease than before)!! The last two weekends were spent cleaning, organizing and building (just a few of my favorite things). Well, not so much cleaning but I like the end result so I do it. We got an awesome hanging system for our garage, it's called the Rubbermaid Fast Track. It was a little pricey but well worth it! This weekend we built our workbench. Let me tell you, I have been waiting 6 years to build a workbench. From the second I became a home owner I was putting my plans together. It turned out awesome and the best part is, Dan and I did it together and didn't bicker once! Anyone who has been around us knows we don't usually work well together, but we had a great time doing it. I forgot to take a before picture so I dug up the one I had, it's from a different angle so it doesn't show much but the after pictures sure do.Before

During

After

Everything on the ground here is garbage, we ran out of room, except the big ladder is Dan's Mom's and the small one behind it is the new ladder Dan got for his birthday, sort of a selfish gift on my part but oh well.

6 comments:

Oléa Gough said...

Looks great! Makes me miss my garage a LOT!!

Kim said...

That looks really good! I love all the places to hang things.

Merrills said...

You guys did a great job. Mike will never attempt anything like that. He traded plumbing work for the shelves we have in our garage.

Allie said...

that looks fantastic Laura!!

Anonymous said...

Good Job Laura it looks great!

Melissa said...

You are so organized. It is so great to know where everything is...and where it goes back to after you use it. Nice work.