Last night we were able to go visit Santa at the Christmas open house for Prudential Utah Layton. Peyton was so excited to finally see him and let him know exactly what he would like for Christmas this year. He even wrote his letter before we left and was very specific about his requests. Bailey didn't seem to care much, she still wrote a letter (she colored, I wrote). When we got there and it was our turn Peyton ran up to Santa and presented him with the envelope containing both of the kids letters and said "this is from me and Bailey, you should open it right now!" Santa was a little hesitant and said "uh, I'll have to look at it later". I knew Peyton might be a little upset so I urged him to get on Santa's lap for a picture then he could tell Santa what the letter said. He was excited to have a picture and get on with the telling so he hopped up on Santa's knee, cheesed it for the picture, then proceeded to tell Santa in detail what he wanted. Then it was Bailey's turn, she didn't even want to go near Santa, she immediately started screaming hysterically. I sat on his lap while holding her so we could at least have a her and Santa in the same picture. She was trying to push away from me and get as far away from Santa as possible! Throughout the night we attempted to visit Santa a few more times with her, each time we got the same result. I think she'll be more into him next year.
10 years ago




6 comments:
Love it! I can't wait to get Tanner on Santa's lap. Probably the same outcome as Bailey.
You always have to have one screaming picture. They make me laugh!
I hope you can sleep at night knowing you just traumatized your child!
OH man that picture of Bailey just made my day! Haha! She is so cute!
I think it is so funny how little kids are so scared of Santa! Love the picture of Bailey!
I think each of my kids has the exact same picture at that age! They laugh about it now. . . :)
Post a Comment