Monday, August 24, 2009

Birthday Celebration...

For Jackson's birthday every year we visit the cemetery with a bouquet of balloons. The bouquet always has 1 Mylar balloon and then 1 balloon for each person in the family. It's always nice to just sit at the cemetery and visit as a family. We love to sit around and talk about Jackson and tell the kids more about what he was like and talk about what it might be like when we see him again. We each take a regular balloon and let it go up to the sky and say whatever is on our mind. I just had to share that this year P said "I hope you like Batman Jackson" (notice the Mylar balloon is a Batman one). It was so cute because Peyton is so concerned that Jackson might not like Batman when they meet again, he just really wants to play superhero's with his brother! Anyway, it's always a peaceful time for me to be able to enjoy my family, make new memories and celebrate old ones.


2 comments:

Rachael said...

How sweet, I have to say that it does king of suck that we should have to spend our childrens birthday's at a cemetery but I always try to make the most of them as well. I love the balloon for each family member idea. We write messages on ours and send them to heaven. I hope you had a good day, I was thinking about you a lot.

Carrie Anne said...

wow. that is such a neat tradition. i love that you do that. such a wonderful idea & your kids are finding such strength in that experience. you & dan constantly amaze me. thank you.